Monday, December 19, 2005

End of my paper

Here's the conclusion from my paper:

Hard universal automatism may seem a cold worldview to some, since its core premise claims that everything is a computation, but it does not have to mean that HUA believers are predisposed to act as coldhearted people, prone to solipsism and egoism. In fact, it is much the opposite: it is the interest in Class IV computations that drives them to see the beauty in the world and the people in it, and act to be facilitators and optimizers in the larger MMO picture in order to generate the maximum social and computational utility from our actions. We are blessed with the ability to interact and have an influence upon the world, and it is in the best interest of everyone that our actions serve as the input to create the best possible output state that we can produce.


I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with what I've written. It feels like there's more to be explained. Originally my paper had ballooned to the size of a small book, and I eventually trashed it all and started anew to focus it, but in retrospect, I wish I had made it longer and fleshed out my ideas more.

Well, I guess that's the benefit of having a blog. Even though I've submitted it for grading, the paper doesn't have to end, and I can keep on thinking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home